Exercising should be the most important thing in a person’s schedule but due to the chaotic work schedules and hectic lives, this can be a little tough. While most of the people like working out in a gym, Maximum of those people are deprived of the basic need that you require if you want to work out in a public gym. Working out in the public gym requires sufficient time, which is something that people working in a professional environment, completing their education or even a house maker are not able to take out on a regular basis. This is the reason you should have a gym at your house. A house gym is excessively easily accessible, you are the only person working out there, and you can have your complete privacy, you will not have to wait in queues and the place will never be as crowded as a market.
A house gym is a dream for many fitness freaks, and this is why we have researched for some tried and tested methods that are going to help you make your dream house gym come to life.
So, the first question that arises in our mind when we get on board to start something new is “How do we do it?”Well, it is a valid question and here we are to your rescue. We have researched enough to find the ways to set up the best house gym possible under a budget.
Things to Emphasize Making the Best Gym at Home:
- Mandatory features- House gym is the gym that you have designed depending on your workout needs. The major features that your house gym should have to completely depend on your workout plan. The one most important feature you should never miss while working on the plan of your house gym should be that every machine should be appropriate and specific. A public gym has machines that can be used by several people who have different workout plans, at once. This issue does not arise in a house gym, and that is why it is important that you always keep an eye on the equipment you buy. You don’t need different angles to work out on a machine because one angel is enough for your body. So don’t waste your money on buying machines with multiple flexibility options. Stick to the specific feature and you will be good to go. You can pick Spin Bikes, Treadmill Mills & Inversion table to make it a Perfect GYm at Home!
- Goals- If you are setting up a personal gym, it is important that you do it keeping your goals at the priority. We tend to fall for the fancy majority of the times, and this is the most important thing we should avoid when we are working on a budget. Before buying the equipment, sit peacefully and think about where you want to reach. Set a goal for yourself, understand how you will reach there and then invest in the machine that will work right for you. Do not just fall for the fancy ones; they are just going to take a fortune out of your pocket. Stick to your goal always.
- Find the perfect space- Setting up a gym can be space consuming. Gym machines and equipment are big and heavy, and that is why they need sufficient space. This is not just about the machines, but you will not be comfortable in a suffocating place filled with machines too. This is why it is important to find the right and a spacious place for your gym setup. While every person is different, his or her choices can be different too. There is no exact space to set up a gym, and that is why you can modify it according to your need. Some people like working out outdoors, and some people like working out in the closed walls where they can control the atmosphere. Some people like to have a good view of their gym, and some do not want any variable that can distract them. This is why it is all up to your need. You can set your gym in the outdoor space, or you can do it in a spare room, garage, etc. Just take care that space is good enough to meet your requirement.
- Budget- Setting up a house gym can be expensive if this is what is wandering around in your mind then throw the myth out right now. There are various things that are going to affect your budget and here we are to help you to find a safe pathway to save as much money as you can.
- Fancy furniture, flexible machines, tough steel bodies, popular brands, etc. eliminate all of these out of your list because you are not making a fancy place; you are making a place to meet your requirements.
- Cost of the machines and the equipment is something you should always keep your attention on. The process has changed to “the popular the brand is, the higher the prices will be.” Do not just buy machines and equipment from the most popular brands; you will easily find alternates that can meet your requirement with a little research on your part. This is the best way to work on a budget as this takes out the useless money you were going to spend on the brand name, which is not required anyway.
- Rather than buying new equipment, go for used or secondhand ones. If you have good searching skills and if you are lucky enough, you will find machines and equipment as good as new. This simple trick can save you so much money and all your needs will be fulfilled too.
- If you follow these steps, you will be able to set up a house gym within a budget of 1000$ to 1200$. This amount is a good deal because if you go with these aids, there is a good chance that you end up spending just double the amount I have estimated here.
- Familiarity- Before you go out shopping for your most wanted equipment there is a basic need that you have to understand and keep in your mind. A thorough research is very important about your workout plan and the equipment you are aiming to buy. There are three steps to do the same.
How to Make Make Your Home Gym:
- Analyze your goals- This is the first step to follow when you gear up to buy the equipment and machines. Analyze your goals to see what is the position you want to reach? Analyze and understand your weakness and strength, what is the area you need to work upon the most, and how efficiently you will be able to work on your goals?
- Understand the workout- After analyzing your goals, you will be clear about the areas you need to work on. This is where the second step starts. The second step is to understand your workout needs and then to make out the plan. Your workout plan should be very accurate and particular, and it should be according to your endurance and strengths. Do not be superficial about things and make it based on your achieving capabilities.
- Select the appropriate equipment- After analyzing your needs and requirements it is time to do a little research on the machines and equipment. Do not go wrong on this path and choose the most specific machine. Research on the machine to understand the benefits it can provide to your workout plans and pace. If the features of the machine are not synchronized with your plan then try some other manufacturer. The equipment and machine are a very important part of setting up a gym, and you will not wish to go wrong on this part.
- Stick to your need- The problem with working on a budget is that you won’t be able to spend more than you have decided and this amount can be less than what is actually needed in the situation. Well, do not lose hope because there is an alternate to this too. Remember not buying that extremely amazing pair of shoes you loved at the store but you couldn’t buy it because you already bought a pretty expensive dress the same day. Yes, you had to wait for a month to have your hands on those shoes. You just have to follow the same for your gym too. You don’t have to buy all the equipment and machines at once. You can buy them in installments. Start working out a little and buy the ones you will need the most first, then gradually move on to other stuff and then on the remaining. Within a few months, you will have your complete gym without compromising with your daily needs.
- Make it better- By the time you have done planning the basics out, you must have been to various gyms. Well, there is something we like about each place and this is how you would wish to work on this. Go to various gyms and observe them. Keep in mind the things you like the most about those gyms and try to include all those in your house gym. Whether it was the theme on the wall, the color scheme of the place, the arrangement of the machines and equipment or even the kind of the music. You can easily go there and take the best things out in your personal house gym. This will save you from useless efforts of experimenting. This is also going to save you money as you would already have a fair plan in your mind and you will not have to change things after you use them, just for the reason because you do not like them.
- Assembling- Assembling the machines is not a great deal and you can do it on your own just by reading the instructions given on the guiding manual. Paying for the same job you can do easily is not a wise idea when you are tight on your budget. Besides, this will provide you the ease to do it as per your perceptive. You won’t have to keep guiding someone else for what you require, you can just have your hands on it that easily.
- Actual action- A lot has been said for how to set it up but at the end, the main objective is to use it. It is not something new that many houses have gyms but they are being used as coat hangers. I hope this is not what you want for your space. Don’t relax after you have created it because here is where the most important part starts. Go to your gym and actually look forward to achieving your goals.
Setting up a house gym will be a great opportunity for you to have your creative side out. Setting up your own thing is always fun and besides fun, it is always built with lots of creativity. Creating your own space will always make you feel attached to the gym area and this will attract you more. We understand that it is not easy to make time and efforts to start working out in a gym but this is the entire idea of the article. Just take this article as the first step towards your aim and start working on it.
If you fear that it is just going to be a waste then don’t. A house gym attracts more motivation as it is very easy to access. You can use it as per your tied schedule, without depending on other time consumption variables. If you took the right step, the day you achieve your goals is not going to be far enough.
Remember, your body and the gym will only give you back what you put in. Just creating the perfect space is not enough, putting the right efforts is what you need. Put your efforts and it will be as easy as eating a slice of a cake