It is essential for the fit you to have a hefty workout session as a part of your daily routine. And it is equally important that your workout routine involves the right amount of cardio and strength training. Then again, as it usually happens, ordinary running shoes are seldom able to support your feet when you switch between the two. Therefore, it is crucial to hit the gym in the cross-training shoes that provide your shoes the best support when it comes to working out your muscles. Here, we have compiled a list of some of the best cross training shoes (both for men and women) so that you do not have to look further.
There are certain features which make the best cross training shoes, the shoes they are! Read along to know what makes some cross-training shoes beat the rest:
Arch– The first and the foremost aspect you should keep in mind before you buy cross-training shoes is arch. You can always ask the local shoe shop owner to help you determine the arch of your foot. If your feet are arched, go for well-cushioned shoes and if you are flat-footed, opt for shoes with neutral soles. Overlooking it might lead to excruciating pain in the heels.
Upper– It is important to make sure that the upper is made up of breathable material and is sturdy to hold your foot securely.
Traction– Well, a good pair of cross trainers with great traction will save you the embarrassment of slipping in the middle of a session. Make sure that the shoes have a strong grip on the ground you are on.
Fit– It is well understood that buying a pair of cross-training shoes which are too small can cause blisters on your feet. Therefore, always try on the shoes with your workout socks on to see if they will fit you well or not.
Don’t Miss: Best Running Shoes for Women under 100$
List of Best Cross Training Shoes 2018 :
Apart from the above-mentioned features, don’t forget to try out at least 3 different brands to see which brand understands your foot-size the best. Now that you know what we will be talking about, here are the best Shoes for cross training:
1. Men’s Mx623v3 from New Balance : Top #1 Training Shoe in Budget
New Balance is a tough brand to compete with when it is the question of who manufactures superior quality footwear. And MX623V3 Training shoes for men stand true to its reputation with the comfortable and secure fit they give your feet. The features of these shoes include everything you were looking for in an ideal pair of cross-training shoes.
- The shoes are lined with EVA sockliner, which is soft for a great in-shoe feel. It is also removable, in case, you want to replace it with an orthotic.
- The upper is made up of a combination of leather and suede making the shoe sturdy and they have perforations enabling your feet to breathe.
- The collar and tongue are lined with good padding inside for a comfortable fit.
- The cushioning is done inside the shoe and the sole for shock absorption and comfortable fit.
- The rubber compound outer sole ensures that your shoes last longer.
- The QUIX Flexibility in the outsole of the shoe gives the shoe the much-needed flexibility. It also provides great traction as you stride forward on the trail.
- The pull tab at the back of the shoe is one tiny wondrous feature which makes taking the shoes off, and putting them on easier.
New Balance MX623V3 Training shoes for men are certainly are a package of style and comfort. The logo, as well as the classy shades, add to the looks of the shoe, worth a 10/10 on our list.
2. Women’s Influence Cross-Training Shoes by Ryka
High impact cross training is tough and it takes a greater toll on your body if you are a woman. But with the best-in-class Influence Cross Training Shoes by Ryka, you can dominate the workout session. Ryka is one brand which crafts shoes with women in mind, therefore, its unique features succumb to all your requirements.
- Ergonomic design. The heels are narrower and the arch support facilitated by medical post make the shoe more secure. The pivot point is strategically placed to increase comfort. Even the forefoot is roomier for greater comfort of the toes.
- Comfortable cushioning. All the important pressure points are double cushioned with foam midsole to provide a comfortable fit.
- Secure lacing. The lacing along with Flex-Foil and direct-fuse technology ensure further security and grip.
Shoes by Ryka are more than the mere downsized version of men’s athletic shoes, they are exclusively crafted to fit a woman and aid her stride. Hence, Influence Cross Training Shoes for women by Ryka deserve no less than 9/10.
3. Vibram Men’s KSO Evo Cross Training Sneakers
If you are looking for a pair of cross-training shoes which will allow your feet to stretch in every possible direction and provide superb flexibility, then Vibram Men’s KSO Evo Cross-trainers are for you. Their unique design is a boon for flat footed people with the thickness of fewer than 5 millimeters. That’s not it, the features of this shoe will leave you spell-bound.
- Optimum balance, durability, and traction.
- The shoes were crafted with great care for stability and motion control.
With the stunning features, a unique design and worldwide popularity, Vibram KSO Evo Cross-Training Shoe deserves a 9/10 in our list.
4. Champion Men’s Gusto : Best Cross Trainer Shoes for Men
When speaking of the best cross training Sneakers in 2018, it is unjust to miss out on the very popular amongst the gymming enthusiasts, Gusto Cross trainers for Men by Champion. No matter which athletic activity, sport, or workout you are planning to use them for, Gusto Cross Training shoes have got your back. They are lightweight, made up of breathable fabric, and are fitted with a foam memory foam insole which provides great cushioning.
- For a good pair of cross training shoes, it is very important that they make a proper grip on the ground you are standing on. Therefore, Gusto Cross Trainers come with excellent traction.
- The upper mesh is made up of lightweight and strong synthetic material to keep the shoe comfortable and allow easy flow of air within.
Built with great care for comfort and design, Champion Men’s Gusto Cross Trainers are a hit amongst workout enthusiasts and a certain 8/10 for us.
5. Ryka Women’s Vida RZX : Best Cross-Training Shoe for Girls
Ryka is one brand which pays exclusive attention to crafting the best possible athletic shoes for women so that they can ace in whatever activity they do. The fine craftsmanship of the designers at Ryka is reflected in the feature of these shoes.
- They are ergonomically designed to fit and complement the shape of a woman’s foot.
- The pivot point ensures easy and comfortable movement as you stride.
- The re-zorb cushioning reduces sweating and absorbs shocks and impact which working out.
- The flexibility is provided by the RZX technology.
Well, the above-mentioned features are some of the highlights of Vida RZX Cross-training shoes, one of the best cross training shoes for women out there. We rate them an 8/10 for the comfort and ease of use they offer.
Also Read: Best Basketball Shoes Reviews
6. ASICS Men’s GEL-Unifire TR 2 Training Shoe
ASICS is one brand which cannot be overlooked when speaking of the best cross-training shoes. The aesthetics and design put together by the experts at ASICS is the reason why you can get your hands on the trendy and comfortable Gel-Unfire TR 2 Training Shoes.
- They offer excellent traction, motion control, and stability.
- The upper is built up of breathable mesh.
- Padded tongue and collar provide added comfort for all day long action.
- The gel based sole provides you with the bounce to keep fatigue at bay.
These features make GEL-Unifire TR 2 Training Shoe by ASICS an 8/10.
7. Reebok Men’s Lifter Pr Cross-Trainer Shoe : Best in Price
When you are looking for stability in your shoes during strength training sessions, Lifter Pr Cross Trainers by Reebok are made for you.
- To hold your foot in place, the heat activated foot wrap adjusts to the shape of your foot.
- The heel clips and the flap enclosures on either side keep your foot sturdy.
- The upper is built up of synthetic mesh material for a breathable and long lasting experience.
For the workout experience it offers, Lifter Pr Cross-Trainer is a 7.5/10 on our list.
8. New Balance Men’s MX517v1 Training Shoe
MX517V1 Training shoes are a new entrant in the market and within a short term, they have gained immense popularity due to the great fit and comfort they offer. They are an excellent choice for cross training, though these aren’t meant for running long distances.
- They have a soft memory foam which will make you feel as if you are walking on clouds.
- They are extremely comfortable with a lot of room for your feet to breath.
- The memory foam inside makes them a great choice for both, flat-footers and the ones with arched feet.
With decent features and minimalistic design, we are going to rate Men’s MX517v1 Training Shoes from New balance a 7/10.
There you go! Now that you know which cross-training shoes are going to complement your workout well, why wait!