Hiking shoes are the ones that are specially designed for protecting feet while any outdoor activity is done like hiking. The hiking shoes act as a support system to the person as the speed and distance covered depends on the quality of the hiking shoes to some extent. These shoes are designed in such a way that they provide comfort to the feet and ankles of the hiker. Shoes are out of the main gears that play a big role.
Types Of Hiking Shoes:
There are further three types of hiking shoes:
- Trail hikers: these shoes are recommended to be worn if the surface is steep or much inclined. Trail hikers are better than simple hiking shoes since they provide better protection against rocks. They are stronger, waterproof and rugged as compared to the other ones.
- Trail shoes: The trail hikers are suitable for any type of day hiking when the weather is dry. These can be worn for the paths that are well-established and not that rough or rugged.
- Mountain walking or hiking shoes: as the name suggests, these shoes are meant for mountain climbing or walking on a glacier where the ice is badly packed. These are comparatively taller, strong and durable to facilitate easy walking on rough terrains.
The doctors recommend wearing shoes that are comfortable for the feet as well as heels, that is, they should not be tight or much loose to prevent blisters or sore feet. One should wear socks with the shoes that soak sweat, give a proper cushion to feet and provide the needed warmth to the feet.
Why Hiking Shoes?
Hiking shoes are generally made up of leather or Gore-tex which is breathable material. The leather ones are not at all comparable to the ones made of rubber. Hiking shoes made of rubber are also available but are not recommended to wear a daily basis as they are closed and they do not allow feet to breathe. Due to this, they sweat excessively and this can lead to blisters and sore feet. Hiking shoes provide comfort on rough and rugged terrains hence it is obvious that there can be no problem wearing them when walking on a well-established terrain.
Hiking trainers provide a good amount of protection and comfort to the feet and heels of the feet. Rather than wearing another type of shoes which leave you’re vulnerable to injury, it is good to wear closed shoes. One can easily count upon these shoes when it comes to wearing for walking glaciers and ice packed terrains as they are strong enough and durable enough. No matter what weather it is, dry or rainy, these shoes are watertight and perfect for dry weather also. The hiking shoes have padding that gives cushion to the heels of the feet while walking.
Points to keep in mind while buying hiking shoes for women:
The above content has been helpful in making aware of the distinguished array of the types of hiking shoes. Not all are to be trusted. Here is a checklist of the featuring points to keep in mind while one is on a hiking shoe shopping:
- Size: The first and the foremost comes the size. The shoes should be perfect in size. If they are loose or tight, it can lead to blisters and sore feet.
- Wear socks: While one is trying on the shoes it is important to wear socks so as to get a perfect fit and size of the shoes.
- Walk a little longer: To know if the shoes will be comfortable to walk in, it is better to wear them for a little longer and walk wearing them.
- If online, do not experiment: If one is shopping online, it is better to stick to the brand which has been tried earlier.
- End of the day is a perfect time: Generally, the feet swell a little bit till the end of the day due to day activities. So it is best to try on shoes at this time of the day.
Top 7 Best Hiking Shoes for Women:
Here are the 10 best-recommended hiking shoes for women available in the market right now. they are
1. QOMOLANGMA Women’s Hiking Shoes
The TPU at the front can safeguard your feet anti-collision. Textile and synthetic overlay add to the strategic support while walking or running. I will give it 8/10 as it has a mesh that provides a breathable outdoor feel.
2. QOMOLANGMA Women’s Waterproof Hiking Shoes Skid-
These shoes are lightweight and are equipped with EVA midsole provides the required cushion to the feet. The lace closure gives a customized fit to the feet. I will give it 10/10 as it is waterproof, durable, provides strategic support and special traction control.
3. Adidas Outdoor Women’s Terrex AX2R Shoes
The sock-liner of these shoes is molded to enhance comfort and fit. It has super high traction rubber for proper grip on wet terrains. I will give it 9/10 as it has lace closure that provides a comfortable and customized fit around the feet.
4. Merrell Women’s Siren Edge Hiker
Theses have seamless upper overlays with color-pop webbing and ghillie laces. It has merely cushion in the heels that absorb shock and facilitates stability. I will give it 9/10 as an ECO footbed that controls odor organically.
5. Merrell Women’s Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoe
It is a low hiking shoe with mesh for a breathable feel. It is also equipped with a cushion at the tongue and collar. I will give it 9/10 as this has ortholite foot-bed.
6. Merrell Women’s Siren Sport 2 Hiking Shoe
This shoe has omni-fit lacing system. It has breathable that features bellows to tongue in order to lock out debris. I will give it 8/10 as it has wicking mesh lining.
7. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
The unique quality of this shoe is that it is waterproof with full grain leather that provides Omni-shield water and stain resistance. It also has a triangular D-ring and omnigrip lugged outsole. I will give it 9/10 as it has techlite midsole cushioning.
8. KEEN Women’s Terradora mid-WP-w Hiking Shoe
This is manufactured with synthetic material. It is facilitated with breathable leather lining. I will give it 9/10 as it has a synthetic sole and there are vibrant color options.
This article has facilitated you with a good amount of information and options to choose from. The above listed are out of the best shoes that will make your walking comfortable and easy no matter what terrain you choose. All you have to do is gear-up and explore the unexplored paths. Do not forget, difficult paths lead to unbelievably beautiful destinations.