Leg press machines ensure a decent workout for the muscles found in your lower half of the body. It is a machine where you can directly place your legs on the platform of the mission in order to train and exercise oneself. It is in a weight training exercise where the person exercising uses the machine to push the weight further away from the body by making use of their legs.
The Leg Press machine is used to strengthen the body muscles right from the ankle up to the hip.
Types Of Leg Press Machines:
There are 4 main types of leg press machines which are available on the market.
- Horizontal Leg Press Machine
- 45-degree Leg Press Machine
- Cybex squat Leg Press Machine
- Vertical leg Press Machine
Leg Press Machines Beginners Guide:
The leg press machines allow the person training to move the legs in a fixed pattern. It is the perfect exercising machine for beginners for people who are suffering from some kind of injury. It is highly recommended by doctors in order to strengthen the muscles and bones of the people who have suffered from injuries on the legs. The Leg Press machine enables an accurate and safe movement pattern for beginners. Another reason which makes the Leg Press machine as one of the most recommended is that it maximizes muscle growth and helps to stabilize the muscles at the feet right up to the thigh joints.
Benefits of using a leg press machine in your daily routine exercise:
The usage of leg press machines comes with several benefits. The following are the benefits of using leg press machines in your daily routine exercise:
- Leg press machines enable beginners to exercise and to develop muscles in the lower regions of the body.
- Leg press machines play a vital role in the formation and development of toned muscles in the body of regular exercisers.
- These machines are a must-have for people who wish to work out in order to achieve definition in the various parts of one’s legs.
- These leg press machines are considered as a great alternative to squats.
- The leg press machines are one of the most recommended Machines by doctors for patients to recover from injuries in the lower back and hip area right up to the feet, at a much faster rate.
- With leg press machine, much lesser pressure and stress is exerted on the back and need joints, when compared to the pressure and stress exerted during the performance of squats.
- These machines help the person using them in their daily exercise, to build strength in the lower body regions.
- Leg press machines help to burn calories at a much faster rate. You can easily burn calories while exercising with the Leg Press machine as well as increases your overall physical resistance and prevents the accumulation of fat and cholesterol in the lower parts of your body.
10 Best leg press machines: Reviews & Specifications
1. The body solid leg press and hack squat: Best Leg Press Machine
This leg press machine is known to combine user-friendliness as well as a performance at once. It is the ideal machine for beginners to start out with. It was first manufactured by iron company.com to make beginners feel that they are exercising in a natural environment. This machine effectively manages to resist the weight and the pressure and stress exerted on the muscles of the lower regions of the body. This machine gets an 8/10 as it comes with diamond plate foot platforms, comfort pads that offer comfort and is durable.
2. Powerline PVL 156 x vertical: Cheap & Best LegPress Machine
This vertical leg Press machine is made up of high-quality material as well as is available on the market at a reasonable price. It is the ideal leg Press machine which protects your knees and legs from any kind of injuries while working out. This vertical leg Press machine gets a 9/10 due to its small compact size, powerful resistant deck, and nylon busing that ensures your knees and joints are protected while exercising.
3. Yukon fitness vertical leg Press machine VLP 154: Best Leg Press Machine for Women
The Yukon fitness vertical leg Press machine VLP 154 is highly recommended by doctors and is easily available on the market. It is also one of the most preferred choices is as it is suitable for exercising both at the home environment as well as in a professional gym environment while being cost-effective at the same time. This leg Press machine gets an 8/10 as it can easily be stored and fit into any space, features a smooth and comfortable back support service that eliminates any chances of injuries and development of pains during your workout, it also comes with solid stable plates that ensure your sweet do not slip easily.
4. Xmark leg press hacks squat XM 7616: For Men & Women
The X mark leg press hacks squat XM 7616 is specially designed for the purposes of solo workouts. These leg machines are one of the most durable ones available on the market. It does not get damaged or worn out easily. This leg Press machine gets a 9/10 as it offers strong support to the different parts of the body such as the shoulders, back, and head, it also enables the easy adjustment of your foot in 4 different positions on the footboards.
5. Weider Ultimate Body Works leg Press machine:
The Weider Ultimate Body Works leg Press machine enables you to workout and exercises your legs within the comfort of your home. It also Lays focus on strengthening your calves, back, thighs and hips. The Weider Ultimate Body Works leg Press machine gets a 7/10 for its study bands that increase your assistance right up to fifty pounds, as well Durable high-quality materials and its resistant and versatile Pulley system.
6. Maxxus 2 in 1: Best Leg Press Machine for Unisex
The Maxxus 2 in 1 leg Press machine is safe and effective for use in developing healthy leg muscles. It is known for its quality and is one of the best leg press machines for training athletes as well as for use by fitness enthusiasts. It gets a 6/10 for its durable materials and solid sturdy stable Steel frame.
7. Body Max CF 800 leg press or hack squat: Best LegPress Machine in 2018
The body max CF 800 Leg Press machine is one of the best machines for training professional athletes and casual fitness enthusiast, available on the market. It lays more focus on the particular leg muscles and ensures the better toning and development of these muscles all in just one sitting. This leg Press machine gets a 8/10 as you can do both hack squats as well as leg press exercises on it. The entire weight capacity of this leg Press machine goes up to an impressive 454 kg.
8. BH fitness global multi gym: Best legpress machine under 1000$
The BH fitness Global multi gym leg Press machine is a flagship machine which is highly recommended In fitness gyms all over the world as well as by professional trainers and fitness enthusiasts. It gets a 9/10 as it comes with an adjustable leg press which can be easily adjusted between the various resistance levels and angles; clear and accurate digital monitor; safety and comfort pads that prevent the occurrence of injuries on the arms, knees, and legs.
Features to keep in mind while buying leg press machines:
When it comes to choosing the right leg Press machine for your daily routine exercise, a lot of consideration and comparison should be taken. The following are the features that one has to keep in mind at the time of buying leg press machines for performing daily routine exercises.
Horizontal or vertical:
Most of the physical fitness trainers at gyms will tell you that there is not much difference between horizontal leg Press machine and vertical leg press machines. However, in reality, there is a huge difference and get the right kind of leg Press machine to suit your requirement and daily exercise routine to build your muscles.
Leg press machine which can be easily stored away after use:
Most people who prefer to exercise at home should throw the vertical leg press machines as they ensure a much better and comfortable used at home. The vertical leg press machines are also space effective. One can easily fit it in any nook or corner of your home after your workout session, it can also be stored and folded away in a separate Storage Area.
Choose a Leg Press machine which is user-friendly:
One other major point to consider is to choose a Leg Press machine which is user-friendly and not quite difficult to operate. The vertical leg press machines are a bit harder to operate and exercise with as you have to force yourself to push weights in an upward direction, while the gravity works the waves in a downward direction.