A recumbent bike is the type of bike which places the rider in the reclining laid back position. This type of bike is chosen for the ergonomic reasons one of which is that the weight of the rider is highly comfortable on this bike for a large area. It supports the buttocks and the back as well. In the traditional bike, the body weight comes on the small portion of the bones, hand, and feet. Most of them have the aerodynamic advantage which means they have the leg forward, reclined and the rider body position gives the frontal profile. Here is all about recumbent bikes, Continue reading…!
Types of Recumbent Bikes:
Recumbent bikes are available in a number of varieties of different configurations. Some come in small wheel-base and some have large wheel-base. You can get a number of bikes online and in stores but we would like to bring to fore top 10 recumbent bikes for your consideration. Almost 20 different models of these bikes have been launched on Amazon.
This recumbent bike is preferred over normal Spin bikes for their designs which helps the riders to reduce the stress on the rider’s weight and also it gives the benefits of keeping all body parts stress free.
There are a number of benefits which you get when you are using the recumbent bikes
- You get comfort levels when you use the recumbent bikes. They are considered as the most comfortable bikes in the current times. You get a relaxed posting when you sit on the bike. The legs do all the work. There is no issue of pain or numbness in any situation and you get a quick as well as an effective cardio workout. A normal bike is effective in its own way but it is not designed to take full body anatomy advantage. The chances of the back and neck pain are reduced when you use the recumbent bikes.
- Recumbent bikes take the experience to next level. They help you in focusing on the movements like the spinning of legs. The back is well supported and the neck stays in the relaxed position and the spine also remains neutral. Thus these bikes allow the individual to gain fitness and get cardio benefits
- The recumbent bikes are also highly recommended by doctors. It is good for those who had injuries and these bikes help to keep them fit. It is the best workout equipment for those athletes who are recovering from an injury. If you are looking for running you can consider using Treadmills.
- Recumbent bikes also help you to get rid of the chronic pain, miscellaneous joint condition, and arthritis.
Features to be Considered:
There are some important features which you should keep in mind while you are buying recumbent bikes.
- It should have different resistance levels and the seat should be comfortable. You may spend a lot of time on it and thus you need it to be comfortable and easy to use. If you are not the average size biker then you should look for the seat which can be adjusted
- Pedals should be wide enough to provide comfort while moving your legs and not cramp up the muscles.
- The built-in computer facilities which give you basic statistics such as time, speed and calories burned will help you to understand and keep track of your progress.
- Stability of the bike is important especially if someone injured is using it.
- The bikes shouldn’t be too noisy as it can get quite annoying if it gets too loud.
- An enclosed mechanism is preferable for safety purposes. The chain and flywheel and other such mechanisms should be well covered to avoid any mishaps of any kind.
Top 10 Best Recumbent Bikes in 2020:
Here we listed Top 10 Best Recumbent Bikes in 2020 with detailed reviews. You can read, compare & pick the best one for you. If you need anything do let us know in comments below.
1. Schwinn 270
- These are excellent bikes and they are one of the best fitness equipment available on the market.
- There is a good amount of space in the bike which allows you to view all kinds of workout data. There are 4 preset profiles which allow the bike to be configured for multiple users. It also comes with 3-speed modes.
- I would give 10/10 to this bike as it is ergonomic
2. Exerpeutic 900 XL
- It is a bike with a modest price tag but excellent features.
- Despite its lower prices range it has great offers for you such as the 8 magnetic resistance levels, hand based heart rate sensors and the LCD display. The bike has wheels which makes it easy to move around.
- I would give it 9/10 as it is the portable bike in low budget
3. Xerpeutic WorkFit
- This bike is perfect for working and working out at the same time
- It is a semi-recumbent bike which has a workstation laptop and also a platform to keep your book or tablet which acts like a combo of a chair and desk. It increases the work productivity and also revs up your mood.
- I would give it 9/10 as it is a cool product which has been developed with innovation and with complete usability.
4. Ironman H class 410
- This bike is meant for the serious athlete.
- It is an awesome bike which allows you to enjoy and get the most benefit from it. It has the ability of training and rehabilitating an athlete. It is soothingly quiet which is really great. The seat has 4 chambers with Airsoft seat technology which gives it an incredible feeling of comfort.
- I would give it 10/10 and mainly recommend it for serious workouts and serious athletes.
5. Precor RBK 615
- If you are into repetitive and rigorous workouts then this is the bike for you.
- It comes with the highest quality and it is built in a way that it can withstand the rigorous workouts of the health clubs, hotels, and spas for a number of years. It has dual side pedals and there are many monitoring tools with it.
- I would give it 9/10 as it is useful for long-term
6. DiamondBack 910SR
- It is a highly durable, adjustable and great looking recumbent bike available in the market.
- It has the adjustable console and has wonderful data functionality. The data is displayed in a user-friendly manner. It has a wireless receiver, heart rate monitoring and many more features.
- I would give it 9/10 as it gives comfort and features
7. Nautilus R616
- This recumbent bike has some amazing features and they are available at pocket-friendly rates
- It has 25 level of resistance and it has a wide range of workouts. There is a Heart rate monitoring feature on the handle grips. They contain 29 workout programs which can match with different kinds of users.
- I would give it 8/10 as it has good features and workout options
8. NordicTrack CommericalVR21
- Although low priced the NordicTrack Commercial VR21 comes with high-quality designs and equally high comfort levels.
- The backrest is adjustable and built-in sensors are available which can calculate the heart rate. There are 32 workout programs which are in-built and 2 digital resistance levels which allow you to increase or decrease the intensity.
- I would give it 9/10 as it gives good programs and in budget
9. Profrom 440ES
- It is one of the most favored bikes for professionals and comes with some really excellent features.
- The seat is oversized and contains programs which can be adjusted as per your needs. The built-in sensors monitor the heart rate. It has a 3 piece crank to adjust according to the intensity needed for the workouts.
- I would give it 9/10 because it contains basic as well as advanced features
10. Marcy ME709
- This bike has an excellent compact design and with a great weight limit.
- The frames are amazing and the seats can be adjusted so that you feel comfortable while working out. The tension tightening knob can be adjusted so that different fitness levels are achieved. The counterpart pedals are with adjustable foot straps.
- I would like to give 10/10 as give good comfort level.
The recumbent bikes which are listed above are amongst the best bikes. They belong to different prices range and thus they would be able to satisfy the needs of different kinds of users. You can read the reviews & pick the one suits for you!