For all those fitness enthusiasts who struggle to find time for exercise, Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike is something that they should get. Forget going outdoors for a run or to cycle; with this machine, you can easily keep yourself and your family healthy at home. There are numerous recumbent bikes available in the market, but nothing matches Nautilus R616’s quality and features.
Nautilus is a renowned fitness equipment manufacturer who for years have produced state-of-the-art exercising tools and equipment. What makes Nautilus R616 different from other recumbent bikes is its state-of-the-art features that include 29 programmed workouts, 5 resistance levels, can download exercise data and a heart rate monitor which comes with an option of to be used with a chest strap.
Moreover, its additional features include a water bottle holder, three-speed fan, a media shelf and the connectivity feature for mobile devices. In this article, we will discuss the detailed review of Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike.
Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike Features:
- A person weighing up to 300 pounds can use this machine
- The bike has got transport wheels for easy mobility
- The user can stay hydrated all throughout the workout as it comes with a water bottle holder
- To prevent the user from being all sweaty, the machine comes with a three-speed cooling fan
- There is a media shelf for the users to experience an enjoyable workout
- Connectivity feature can be coupled with Nautilus Connect™, USB data transfer, myfitnesspal or Bluetooth
- In-console speakers with MP3 or iPod input port
- The handlebar grips are equipped with heart rate monitor which can be used with a chest strap
- The machine is equipped with a perimeter weighted fly which is composed of high inertia drive system for a consistent and smooth workout
- The total of 29 workouts are programmed in its database
- Those who love to challenge themselves can use its 25 levels of resistance
Technical Features of Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike:
- It comes with DualTrack two blue backlit LCD system for proper display
- USB and Bluetooth connectivity with myfitnesspal and Nautilus Connect which makes it easier to download to the workout data
- The workout programs include 12 modules – 4 fun rides, 4 mountain rides and 4 challenge rides
- There are nine heart rate programs with the option of custom setup
- There are two fitness test programs which can be used to measure the user’s physical fitness improvements
- It is a workout machine for the whole family as it can store 4 user profiles including the workout data and personal information
- There is a recovery test program installed that determines how quickly the user’s heart rate recovers
- The machine starts in no time
- It stores workout data including – calories, heart rate, revolutions per minute, level, distance, time and speed
Must Read: Best Running Shoes For Treadmill 2018
What makes Nautilus R616 Recumbent Bike the Best Recumbent Bike?
Nautilus R616 has literally got everything that one can possibly imagine. From media shelf to connectivity features and more, it is a full package which will make your workouts fun and endure. But there are certain features which make Nautilus R616 a class apart from other recumbent bikes. Let us find out what they are.
Nautilus R616 has an aesthetically pleasing design. It simply looks like a machine from the future. Not many recumbent bikes are great in design and loaded with functionality. You will only get one that is; either a good design or good functionality. But Nautilus R616 has both.
PORTABILITY – Easy to Setup and Shift
You will not require any professional help in setting up this recumbent bike. The setup instructions are easy and straightforward. There are not many parts to assemble. Moreover, it comes with transport wheels; so you can assemble the bike at any place and shift it later to anywhere you want.
Nautilus R616 is a state-of-the-art recumbent bike which is comprised of 29 programmed workouts. You will hardly find it in any other recumbent bike. Its console offers different workouts and the users can stimulate features like pyramids, Mount Hood, Pike’s Peak, stream crossing, ride in the park, rolling hills and several other challenging exercises like intervals, stairs, and an uphill finish. On the other hand, the users can download their workout data directly from myfitnesspal or Nautilus Connect via USB or Bluetooth. These features can be availed in other recumbent bikes but they are way too expensive.
Nautilus is known for manufacturing high-quality fitness equipment over the years and Nautilus R616 keeps the company promise. This fitness equipment is composed of strong and durable components and will last a lifetime. The bike is evenly weighted and provide a realistic and smooth motion. The product comes with a 10-year manufacturing warranty and promises to be your perfect workout buddy.
Also Check: Best Recumbent Bike reviews
What Are its Negative Aspects?
There are only a handful of flaws that put Nautilus R616 on the negative side.
- The handle grips that records the heart rate are not so productive
- The chest straps provide inaccurate data sometimes
- Overall, its heart rate monitor feature is a little fragile
If you are looking for a recumbent bike loaded with features, then Nautilus R616 is the bike we would recommend. There are certain recumbent bikes that may peg over $2000, but Nautilus R616 comes with all the functionalities and features and that too around the $1000 mark or maybe less, depends on the seller. There are little to no drawbacks of this bike and we would highly recommend you to avail this bike if you are a novice or a fitness buff.